Monday, February 23, 2015

Sensory Blankets

This project started when I had a set of fabrics that I had been saving for something fun. I just absolutely loved the whimsical look of the pink froggy(I absolutely LOVE frogs) fabric, and wanted to make something for my daughter. I decided to make a sensory blanket

To make tummy time more interesting, I've made a few sensory quilts for my daughter and my sweet niece. These came together really quickly, and have lots of things for baby to do: taggies to grab and attach toys, ribbons to gum on, different types and colors of fabric to feel.

Minke, fleece, flannel and terrycloth make for lots of different textures for baby to feel!

The front, with taggies!



Possibly my favorite fabric in my stash! Far, Far Away by Heather Ross (this one is called Frog Prince in Pink)

I made the blanket too long. It was actually kind of cumbersome to lay on the ground while holding a baby.
Dogs loved it, though.

The next one I made was for my niece. She likes bears! This time, I kept a square layout. This made it easier to handle when laying it down.

For dear cousin

The reverse

K modeling the quilt for her cousin!

I thoroughly enjoy putting taggies on things. It shouldn't be as much fun as it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment